Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Name that Tune...



Okay, my friend, Loni, has posted and challenged...now I can show what a nerd I am with my songs. (BTW, I knew none of hers!)

How to Play...
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing (and believe me, mine are!)
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or ANY other search engine is CHEATING!
*** NOTE: Cheaters Never Prosper *** Don't do it!!!!
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.


I may have made it too easy on some lines and too hard on others...Have fun! Please play...

1. It's always more fun to share with everyone

2. This town ain't big, this town ain't small...it's a little of both, they say.

3. You're not alone, together we stand.

4. This one'll never sell

5. Evening's upon us my little one

6. Someday I'm gonna be famous

7. Tonight it's very clear as we're both lying here - "Glory of Love" - Peter Cetera

8. Mister Morton is the subject of my sentence and what the predicate says he does

9. Yeah...I been so lost lately

10. Everytime our eyes meet this feeling inside me is almost more than I can take

11. Here we stand, worlds apart hearts broken in two

12. Am I really here in your arms

13. Where is the moment we needed the most?

14. Here we go...There once was a time...

15. Suntanned toes ticklin' the sand

16. It's hard to remember how it felt before

17. I got my sights set on you

18. One day when I came home at lunchtime

19. Maybe it's intuition, but some things you don't question

20. Baby we can talk all night...but that ain't gettin us no where - "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad" - Meatloaf - Yes, I have a monster crush on him!!!

21. Christopher Robin and I walked along - It's actually "Return to Pooh Corner" - Kenny Loggins (I used to sing it to Lauren as we danced around the living room - I still make her sit on my lap sometimes when it plays...)

22. She's going out to forget they were together

23. Well, I remember every little thing - "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" - Meatloaf - yep, again. I am surprised two came up in the mix, though.

24. Dark in the city, night is a wire - "Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran

25. I hope you never lose your sense of wonder

Yes, these are all truly on my iPod and I also have some on there that didn't even come up in the first 25 - Mamma Mia Soundtrack songs (the play, not the movie), Chess (Broadway show - US Version), Joshua Kadison, Bobby McFerrin, Bob Marley, and many, many others.

3 comments:

LingoVise Says... said...

#7 - Glory of Love : Chicago?? Peter Cetera??

#20 - Two Outta Three : Meatloaf (ghads! I really hate that one)

#21 - Pooh Corner : Kenny Loggins
(this one's rightchere on your blog - me, I'm more partial to the Carly Simon Pooh tracks)

#23 - Eeeks! This isn't another Meatloaf song is it?? Something Paradise?? Edge of the Night??

#24 - Hungry like the wolf : Duran Duran

& Come on... Not a single tune on mine eh?? Really?? Notta One?!

LingoVise Says... said...

Ugh... #23 IS Another Meatloaf song - Paradise by the dashboard lights - another rightchere on your blog... My mom liked Ol' Meatie... which is the only reason I know some of his stuff.

Scribbit said...

What a fun meme--though I'm not very good at it I"m afraid.